I made veggie burgers this week!
Using all ingredients from Everything Organic produce and dry goods! 😍
Mostly because we’re in quarantine and that’s all we eat anymore. 🤪
We are exploring vegetarianism during quarantine and having a lot of fun with food. ♥️
I had a few requests for this recipe after I posted pics on my personal page, and I thought this would be the obviously perfect spot to share the recipe.
My mom gave me this recipe and I changed it to accommodate my family’s likes using what I had on hand.
Makes 4 patties
1 small yam
1/4 small head purple cabbage, finely grated
1 small zucchini, grated
1 small carrot, grated
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 cup cooked quinoa, I used tri-color. Use what you have.
3/4 cup rolled oats finely ground. I used my Vitamix and made them into flour.
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
Salt & Pepper
1. Cook quinoa and yam
2. Heat oil over low heat, sauté onions and garlic until soft and fragrant
3. Add zucchini, carrots and cabbage, stir and cook until they begin to release their juices. About 8 min on lowish heat.
4. Transfer cooked veggies to a bowl and add quinoa. Season with salt and pepper and let cool a bit.
5. Add oat flour, lemon juice and mashed yam. Mix and form into patties.
6. Cook on stove top in a little oil at a lowish heat, until browned on both sides.
Serve with all the fixings!
We added sautéed mushrooms and onions, avocados, Swiss or sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, mayo, ketchup.